Dan Attias breaks down his prolific directing experience and getting to the authenticity of storytelling…
In this episode, we talk about…
- What sparked Dan’s interest in directing
- How being a visiting series director is like the impulses of an actor
- What happens when two people who have different understandings collide
- The importance of connecting to the script and truly caring about the story
- Key challenges of directing television vs. feature films
- How to talk to actors who already have an established role
- Why “generalness” is the enemy of creativity
- The emotional rollercoaster of being a director
- Examples of Dan’s directing experience to create more depth to the story and characters
- Reaching the height of storytelling and having a beginner’s mind
Be sure to take our survey about cinematography and videography rates, plus win a chance to win a B&H gift card.
Check out Dan’s book and learn more about directing television.
Author: George Edelman
This article comes from No Film School and can be read on the original site.